Monday, February 27, 2012

Love Quotes by Robb Zerr

Falling In Love Quotes for the Hopeless Romantic

Robb Zerr
Posted by Robb Zerr



Falling In Love Quotes for the Hopeless Romantic
By Robb Zerr
"You don't sit down and write a wish list about the person you are going to fall violently in love with. It just doesn't work that way."
Stephen Fry couldn't have said it better. As a lifelong hopeless romantic, falling in love quotes continue to amaze me for their honesty, humor and insights into matters of the heart.
I have been in love many times over the years. Some I thought would last a lifetime, others have lasted a lifetime but to this day remain unrequited. Such are matters of the heart I guess. They take us on a journey with a destination that is not often clear to us, or to anyone else for that matter. Certainly, love has taken me down many roads. As American author and journalist Mignon McLaughlin mused in one of her falling in love quotes, "We all become great explorers our first few days in a new city, or a new love affair."
Love has led me on many an exploration to be sure, taking me from my home in Seattle where I was born and raised to San Francisco, then to Florida and now, perhaps back home once again. My heart has had a knack for packing my bags long before I was ready for the journey. But such is love. You often have to play catch up, for as Dr. Seuss once said one of the most telling falling in love quotes I've heard, "You know when you are in love when you can't fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams."
Of course, falling in love has its pitfalls. Some people think that love itself has some magical limitations, as Marilyn Monroe once observed in one of her falling in love quotes: "Men who think that a woman's past love affairs lessen the love for them are usually stupid and weak. A woman can bring a new love to each man she loves, providing there are not too many."
Leave it to Marilyn to teach all of us a thing or two about falling in love with a new love.
She wasn't so well versed in the marriage department unfortunately. With a string of failed marriages to James Daugherty, Joe DiMaggio and Arthur Miller, Marilyn must have never heard of one of Mignon McLaughlin's falling in love quotes that held the secret of a long marriage, "A successful marriage requires falling in love many times, always with the same person."
Where was Mignon when Marilyn and I needed her most. Happily ever after seemed to evade both of us, yet we never lost hope. As one unknown wag once said in one of the falling in love quotes here on 1-love-quotes.com, "Falling in love is awfully simple, but falling out of love is simply awful."
I have to agree, falling out of love is awful. But falling in love, your feet never touch the ground and every sensibility you have goes out the window. Perhaps that's why Helen Rowland once mused, "Falling in love consists merely in uncorking the imagination and bottling the common sense."
I confess that I have a lot of bottles of common sense in my personal collection these days. I was all too ready to pop the cork on the imagination that comes along with love, never taking the time to see if it went flat and fizzled.
Perhaps I had more in common with Charlie Brown than I once thought. I had a horrible crush on the little red head girl down the street when I was growing up and he seems to fall in love as easily as I.
In Someday You'll Find Her, Charlie Brown, Charlie said something right my own book of love and it's one of the most telling falling in love quotes I've heard lately:
    Charlie Brown: Two seconds is all you need to fall in love.
    Linus van Pelt: [Rolling his eyes] Especially when it happens every week.
    Yeah Charlie, I feel your pain. I really do.
Falling In Love Quotes for the Hopeless Romantic Permalink

No comments:

Post a Comment